Use this guide to integrate SonicWall to ScalePad.
Using a new SonicWall User account designated for this integration, ScalePad will be able to report on your assets and warranty information.
- Administrator user credentials for SonicWall and ScalePad or member permissions of Manage Sync Settings selected
- Devices already existing in the SonicWall account
Create a new MySonicWall account with access to view the device data needed in ScalePad
Multi-Factor Authorization required
The following instructions provide the necessary steps for when Multi-Factor Authorization needs to be set up for the user in MySonicWall.
- Sign in to MySonicWall
- Navigate to Resources & Support > My Groups
- Under the Users tab, click the "+" to add a new user
- The email address must be unique and valid to receive the invite email
- Fill in the following:
- Email: The email address you're using
- First name: Scale
- Last name: Pad
- Contact type: Employee
- User group: Your primary group
- Accept the invite and create a strong, complex password for the account
- Set up Two-factor Authentication in SonicWall, using the below screenshot for reference
- Scan the QR code or manually enter the 16 digit code into your authenticator app to retrieve a 6 digit verification code
- Enter the 6 digit verification code into the field in MySonicWall to finish the MFA setup
Copy or write down the 16-digit Two-factor authentication code as shown in the screenshot. You'll need to enter this code into ScalePad, and your authenticator app as SonicWall wants to verify the 6 digit authenticator code on their MFA setup page.
Multi-Factor Authorization already set up
The following instructions provide the steps for integrating successfully with a MySonicWall user that already has Multi-Factor Authorization set up.
These instructions are for integrating with a MySonicWall user that already has Multi-Factor Authorization enabled.
- Navigate to the My Account page in MySonicWall
- In the Additional Options section, click the information button
- On the Enable Two Factor Authentication, click the link in the following image below to reveal the 16 digit code.
- Navigate to your SonicWall integration in ScalePad and update your credentials.
- Sign in to ScalePad
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations > Add > SonicWall
- Enter your newly-created MySonicWall account credentials
- Enter your 16-digit Two-factor Authentication code
- Click Save SonicWall Setup
Verify the devices are visible
Sign in to both accounts to verify the hardware assets you expect to see in ScalePad are also visible in your MySonicWall account.
When you click Save SonicWall Setup, ScalePad will perform a full sync. When finished, you should be able to view your hardware assets in your account.
Updated 4 months ago