The increased security of MFAMFA - Multi-factor authentication, or MFA, is a two-step verification process used to increase security measures to your account. adds a layer of protection to the sign-in process which decreases the likelihood of successful phishing attacks on ScalePad accounts.
This step-by-step guide will have you set up and secured in minutes.
- Sign in to your ScalePad account
- Go to Settings > My Profile and click Set up multi-factor authentication
- Scan the QR code with the authenticator app on your mobile device
If your mobile device can't scan QR codes
Click Show to reveal the secret key, and enter it into the authenticator app
- Enter your code provided by the authenticator app
- Click Set up multi-factor authentication to complete the setup process
MFA set up successfully
You’ll receive an email confirming your ScalePad account has been secured with MFA.
Now that your account is secured with MFA, you’ll need your email address, password, and a code from your authenticator app to sign in.
Incorrect MFA code when signing in
You may receive an error message indicating "That code isn't correct. Please try again." We believe this is likely caused by a slight time difference on your mobile device. While other sites have a longer variation to allow for past/future codes, the ScalePad platform doesn't have the same variation.
To troubleshoot an incorrect MFA code, we recommend following these steps:
- When setting up your MFA, try using the Show button to display the long code instead of scanning the QR code to add the MFA profile to your authenticator app.
- Copy the long code and paste it into https://totp.danhersam.com/ on a computer.
- Compare MFA authenticator codes:
a. Confirm that the same code is generated by both your authenticator app and that website.
b. If not, we'd recommend checking the time settings on your phone and ensuring it's set to automatic.
If your account is locked
If an invalid code is entered 5 times, your account will be locked. In this case, contact one of your account administrators to have them help reset your MFA.
If you are the sole account administrator, you’ll need to let us know. We’ll verify that it’s you, and help you reset your MFA.
If MFA is not required by your account administrator, you can disable it at any time. To do this, head to Settings > My Profile, and click Disable multi-factor authentication
- In the confirmation window, click Disable multi-factor authentication
- You’ll receive an email confirming MFA has been disabled on your ScalePad account
If MFA is required by an administrator and can’t be disabled, one of your account administrators can help you with this.
Updated about 1 month ago