ConnectWise Manage communicates with ScalePad via API. This allows us to provide you with automated reports, asset insights, and everything else you need to be successful.
- Administrator user credentials for ConnectWise Manage and ScalePad or member permissions of Manage Sync Settings selected
- You'll need your ConnectWise Manage Server Domain Name / Fully qualified domain name (FQDN)
- This could be something like "na.myconnectwise.net" or "cw.yourmsp.com"
- Sign in to ConnectWise Manage
- Navigate to System > Security Roles
- Click the + icon at the top to add a new Security Role
- Enter a name for the Security Role (e.g. ScalePad API Integration)
- Click the Save icon
- You should be led to the Security Modules screen
- Click the down-arrows next to Companies and System to expand each section
- In the Companies module, replicate the Add Level, Edit Level, Delete Level, and Inquire Level permissions in the Company Maintenance, Configurations, and Contacts rows exactly as shown in the following screen.
- In the Systems module, replicate the Add Level, Edit Level, Delete Level, and Inquire Level permissions in the Member Maintenance and Table Setup rows exactly as shown in the following screen.
The Table Setup permission is a new requirement due to breaking changes made in ConnectWise Manage’s 2020.4 release. Select the customize link in the Table Setup row to allow access to the following. Click Save when done.
Setting permissions for One-Way Sync instead
The settings you're looking at in the above table are for Two-Way SyncTwo-Way Sync - Two-Way Sync allows ScalePad to propagate warranty dates to and from certain integrations..
If you'd like to set your permissions for One-Way Sync instead, the only change you'll need to make is: Set Configurations > Edit Level to None.
Keep in mind if the API Member you're using doesn't have the minimum permissions we require, the sync will fail.
- Once you've edited the permissions, click the Save and Close icon
- Navigate to System > Members > API Members tab.
- Click the + icon to add a New Member
- Fill out the required fields in the Profile section
- Member ID: Username of the Member (e.g. ScalePad)
- Time Zone: Time zone for your company
- Member Name: Member's first and last name
- Fill out the required fields in the System section
- Role ID: Select the new security role that you created in Step 2
- Location: Default location for your company
- Level: Default level of access that the member will have in the application
- Business Unit: Member's business unit
- Name: Corresponds to "Level" listed above. Once a Level is selected, choose a name associated with the level. For help, see ConnectWise's documentation.
- Default Territory: Member's default territory
- Click the Save icon in the menu bar at the top
- Click into the newly created API Member
- Click the API Keys tab > click the + icon to add a new API Key
- Enter a Description of the key (e.g. ScalePad), then click the Save icon
- Clicking the Save icon will generate the Public and Private API Keys
Keep it Private!
Keep the Private API Key in a secure location, because it will not be visible again after closing the window.
- Navigate to the ConnectWise Manage add integration page and fill in the following:
- ConnectWise Manage Server Domain Name
- Company ID
- Public Key
- Private Key
- Click Save ConnectWise Manage Setup
You're on your way
When you click Save ConnectWise Manage Setup, ScalePad will perform a full sync. When finished, you should be able to view your hardware assets in your account.
Updated 4 days ago